Cements and Bonding Hands On
Course tutor: Chris Parker
Verifiable CPD Hours: 3 hours
· The structure of this programme is designed to provide comprehensive information and hands-on training, focusing on how to achieve optimum results using the highly regarded Multilink and Variolink cements. Guiding you through the science behind these adhesive cements, our experienced tutor will provide you with the knowledge and techniques required to expertly cement and bond anterior veneers, anterior crowns and posterior inlays. All materials, models and equipment are provided on each course.
The aim of this vocational training is to provide participants with the knowledge and understanding to confidently apply techniques learnt in conjunction with advanced materials to promote the quality of patient care.
• Stipulate the bonding procedures
• Distinguish the different performance factors of cements
• Define how the properties of dental cements can be used to optimise ceramic restorations
• Highlight the need for adhesive bonding
• Define the limitations of conventional cementation
• Specify the steps to successful bonding
• State differences between restoration materials
• Highlight the need for suitable tooth preparations
• Identify pre treatment of ceramics
• Categorise cements for aesthetic consideration
• Clarify requirements of cements for full crowns, veneers and inlays